So here you go!
185g good quality dark chocolate
90g of Unsalted butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup or light corn syrup
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional which I didn include)
125g cream cheese at room temp
1/3 cup golden syrup or lIght corn syrup
125g dark chocolate
8 strawberrys to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C and prep muffin trays with paper cups.
2. Melt the butter and 185g chocolate in a pan on med to low heat. Stir in your syrup and salt then set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl add sugar and eggs and beat until thick and light.
Add the chocolate mix and beat on low to mix through.
4. Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just mixed.
5. Spoon the mixture into your muffin cups and bake for about 25 mins. When I poked a skewer in to test if they were ready it came out not clean, but not gooey - the perfect combination for a brownie :)
1. Melt the chocolate with a small amount of butter so it doesnt go all grainy.
2. Beat the cream cheese in a separate bowl until soft and creamy and mix in the syrup.
3. Add the chocolate and stir through until completely blended and then spread the frosting on the cupcakes. Top with a strawberry
Makes 8 cupcakes (I tripled the mix when making for friends). These tasted so yummy! And if you don't want to add the frosting, they still tasted pretty damn good ^_^