Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Pancake Tuesday!

Or Shrove Tuesday :) either way there is pancake eating happening!

I was so excited for this day as in previous years I always forgot to make pancakes. That being said I bought my ingredients, had a light dinner (need to have enough room to stuff at least 4 pancakes in your mouth) and started mixing!

I got a basic pancake recipe from Taste.com so here it is:

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups of milk (I used buttermilk, and my mum still uses milk that has just gone off - but not lumpy)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups self raising flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda (or baking powder, same thing)
  • 1/3 cup caster sugar
  • Butter to cook in


1. Whisk your milk, eggs and vanilla together in a small bowl
2. In another bowl mix your dry ingredients together and make a well in the middle. Pour in your milk mix and whisk together until combined
3. Add a dob of butter to a hot non stick pan and spoon in your pancake mix to the size you want.



You need to leave them until you get lots of little bubbles on top - checking with a spatula that they are not burning on the bottom. When ready, flip and cook the other side.



Serve with the standard Jam & Cream, or mix it up with fresh berries, ice cream or even lemon juice and sprinkled sugar.



Om nom nom





Top - Coccolatte ($10 bargain!); Skirt - Morrissey; Belt - SES; Necklace - Strangled Heart; Heels - Siren

2 comments:

  1. How are you so lovely and trim with all this yummy cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat crazy good all the other meals :) which sucks, cos bad food always tastes better hehe

      xx

      Delete

Please leave me a comment as I totally heart comments ^_^