I was so excited for this day as in previous years I always forgot to make pancakes. That being said I bought my ingredients, had a light dinner (need to have enough room to stuff at least 4 pancakes in your mouth) and started mixing!
I got a basic pancake recipe from Taste.com so here it is:
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I used buttermilk, and my mum still uses milk that has just gone off - but not lumpy)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda (or baking powder, same thing)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Butter to cook in
1. Whisk your milk, eggs and vanilla together in a small bowl
2. In another bowl mix your dry ingredients together and make a well in the middle. Pour in your milk mix and whisk together until combined
3. Add a dob of butter to a hot non stick pan and spoon in your pancake mix to the size you want.
You need to leave them until you get lots of little bubbles on top - checking with a spatula that they are not burning on the bottom. When ready, flip and cook the other side.
Serve with the standard Jam & Cream, or mix it up with fresh berries, ice cream or even lemon juice and sprinkled sugar.
Om nom nom
Top - Coccolatte ($10 bargain!); Skirt - Morrissey; Belt - SES; Necklace - Strangled Heart; Heels - Siren